I found this rather by accident while searching for a good version of “This is my song” with the following lyrics.
- This is my song, Oh God of all the nations,
- A song of peace for lands afar and mine.
- This is my home, the country where my heart is;
- Here are my hopes, my dreams, my sacred shrine.
- But other hearts in other lands are beating,
- With hopes and dreams as true and high as mine.
The pleasant trees and silver, ripling waters,
the flow’rs and clouds, the un-dimmed, sunlit sky
and bread by thee, our gracious Father, given,
We thankful take of thy so rich supply.
And bread by thee, our gracious Father, given,
We thankful take from thy so rich supply.
- My country’s skies are bluer than the ocean,
- And sunlight beams on cloverleaf and pine.
- But other lands have sunlight too and clover,
- And skies are everywhere as blue as mine.
- Oh hear my song, oh God of all the nations,
- A song of peace for their land and for mine.
Being that I love boys’ choral music I was then swept away into youtube music ecstasy and spent way way too much time listening to the various pieces. So I thought I would share the joy.
On Called by Name Fr. Kyle Schnippel shares a story from Whispers in the Loggia . This is on of those stories that made my heart happy while bringing tears to my eyes. Msgr Ed Petty passed away last week. From the Homily at his funeral mass there was this:
For Ed, Catholicism was thoroughly fun. And real fun is being a part of something greater than yourself. Belonging to the church is fun because it expands beyond the limits of this world. Ed knew the thrill of being a part of something that brings us together with all the angels and saints—the worship of almighty God in spirit and in truth….
I love that thought. The joy of being part of something so wonderful and magnificent. We are made for sacrifice and love. Hope, joy, faith and love.