December 16, 2015 § 1 Comment
Resurrecting this for my kids:
from: December 15, 2008
I found this bit of fun over at Stepping Heavenward. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Guess the Original Christmas Song Titles
01. Felicitations for the Season
02. Sterling Carillon
03. Circuitous gambol of Festive Conifer
04.Awesome hibernal acreage
05.Altitudinous celestials acclaim
06. Senior flattened by cloven aviator
07. Covert observation of matriarch’s scandalous osculation
08. Petite birthplace
09. Sprightly venerable benefactor
11. Enquiry of mutual auditory perception
12. Hushed darkness
13. Noel – envisage blanched
14. Inaugural Yule
15. Royal Eastern trio
17.Theurgical cool guy
18. Matchless season
19. Full-grown enumeration of holiday hopes
20. Commencement of Yuletide complexion
Christmas Carol Game Answers
01. We Wish You a Merry Christmas | 02. Silver Bells | 03. Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree | 04. Winter Wonderland | 05. Angels We Have Heard on High | 06. Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer | 07. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause | 08. O Little Town of Bethlehem | 09. Jolly Old St. Nicolas | 10. O Come All Ye Faithful | 11. Do You Hear What I Hear? | 12. Silent Night | 13. I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas | 14. The First Noel | 15. We Three Kings of Orient Are | 16. Joy to the World | 17. Frosty the Snowman | 18. It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year | 19. Grown up Christmas List | 20. It’s Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas
June 24, 2010 § Leave a comment
Ok, so now I have a whole new reason to love the neighborhood yak ” — the Linkbait Generator which gave me the above title. Glee! “When the Zombies attack” or “When the dead walk” have long been favorite stand ins for “when hell freezes over” or “when the ___ hits the fan”.
So, 8 ways simplicity could help you survive a zombie outbreak:
- You have an emergency kit.
- and you can find it
- You don’t have to worry about your stuff getting in your way while you make a break for it.
- You can hold out longer in your boarded up house.
- Since you cook you won’t be in restaurants when the zoombies attack.
- You won’t be caught in the shopping mall, movie theater, amusement park, when the dead attack.
- You won’t be as dependent on fancy gizmos and technology for your day to day life.
- You know your friends and neighbor’s better and can catch those tell-tale early signs of zombiefication.
February 4, 2009 § 2 Comments
Tina tagged me so now I am it (eeek)
All I can say is…. at least it wasn’t the 25 things you don’t know about me version:
6 Things you might not know about me…
- I play World of Warcraft. Actually my husband and I play together. My dad plays with us too.
- I absolutely dread using the phone. I will put off calling people to an absurd extent. I think the very insecure part of me worries that I will be an unwelcome intrusion into other people’s time.
- I really would love to take riding lessons. I love horses and I love riding, but I never really get the chance. Ballroom dancing is also on that list. I wish we could go dancing more. Kyle and I took lessons years ago and I really enjoyed the dancing and the time together. Sometimes we dance in the kitchen and the children laugh at us.
- I enjoy homeschooling much more than I thought I would, but sometimes I feel like I am not that good at it. Then I hear my children discussing things in a respectful and intelligent way and I figure I can’t be doing that bad of a job.
- Part of me would enjoy going back to school, but I can be so obstinate I am not sure I would enjoy it as much as I think I would.
- I love working jigsaw puzzles.
And now for the hard part… who to tag 🙂
Westward Wagons Ho!
Here are the rules:
Rule #1 ~ Link to the person that tagged you: Did that above.
Rule #2 ~ Post the rules on your Blog.
Rule #3 ~ Write 6 random things about yourself.
Rule #4 ~ Tag 6 people at the end of your post.
Rule #5 ~ Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their Blog.
Rule #6 ~ Let the tagger know your entry is up.
February 3, 2009 § Leave a comment
January 20, 2009 § 6 Comments
or “how to recycle your wedding dress”.
I love my wedding dress. Beautiful white embroidery on white satin. But the reality is that I am not going to wear it again, it sits lonely in the basement waiting for nothing, destined to never see the light of day again except for those rare occasions where I clean the basement out and pull it up for the girls to coo over. So I decided to use it to sew Hannah’s first communion dress. It was a remarkably difficult choice. Even though I am not under the delusion that any of the girls would wear it for their own wedding, there was still something rather heart stopping about actually cutting into it. I had Kyle come in and give me “moral support” while I made the first couple of cuts.
So, in case anyone is interested, and for the sake of documenting this whole process here is the first two days of the great dress project:
December 22, 2008 § 1 Comment
The Simple Woman’s Daybook
is hosted by Peggy at the Simple Woman.
Thank you Peggy.
FOR TODAY : December 22, 2008
So we had some snow last week, this week we are snowed in. We have a good ten inches of snow (easily). The trees are coated in ice, thanks to Saturday night’s freezing rain. The weather outside is frightful… we are all safe and warm.
Outside my Window – Wow… snow, ice, feels like a moved to Vermont or something.
I am thinking – About the pantry. My dad is out and about and will be picking us up some essentials at the store. We are staying put until it thaws a bit.
From the learning rooms – My neighbor brought over a gingerbread house kit… fun craft for this afternoon.
I am thankful for- My warm home. My dad who is the emergency snow-man, and escort to the ballet. Yeah for him and his 4 wheel drive, snow tires and chains.
From the kitchen – More cookies and maybe some fudge.
I am wearing – Grey sweats and my black velvet top.
I am reading – Nothing in particular at the moment. I skimmed through the latest issue of “Threads” last night.
I am hoping – That everyone stays safe today.
I am creating – Christmas cookies and fun crafts.
I am hearing – Kyle teasing Josh about tossing him out in the snow. Josh thinks it is hilarious.
Around the house – You would think they would be getting tired of the weather…. nope. But they do need to get some energy burned off.
One of my favorite things – My camera.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week – Christmas!!!! .
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you –