Woman in Rocking Chair – Thomas Pollock Anschutz
Finally my site traffic seems to be going back to normal.
About Comments: Please note I have closed all comments on the posts about the Adam Race/Carol Race story from last week and I do moderate comments on other postings. I will be posting updated information if and when I get it. I want to thank again all the very good and kind people who have contacted me about the situation. Also I ask that you all keep the Race family and their parish community in your prayers.
Stand-mixer Whole-wheat Bread Recipe:
- 1cup very warm water
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 1-2 tbsp sweeter (honey, sugar)
- 2 tbsp oil or shortening (butter, lard, olive oil)
- ~1 tbsp salt
- mix until blended and then let sit for 10-15 mins, switch to the bread hook.
- then mix in:
- 4 cups flour (I use 1cup bread flour, 1 cup whole wheat flour, and two cups whole-grain white)
- 1 cup warm water
- alternate the flour and water until the flour and water are all in then continue to add flour until the dough forms a single mass. The dough will still be sticky to the touch but shouldn’t be sticking to the bowl sides. Let your machine kneed the dough for about ten minutes then stop and let it rise for about 30 mins. (optionally: Knock the dough down and let it rise again for about 30 mins.) Place the dough in loaf pans and let rise 20-30 mins and then bake at about 375 for about 20 minutes.
40 Trash bag challenge:
I am on week 8. I will be moving the challenge to the side bar so you can still keep up with it. It has been a lot of fun especially as the children have gotten involved.
One Space a day Challenge:
I have had so much fun with my bags that I am starting an organizing challenge for myself. The goal will be to de-clutter and organize one small area a day for thirty days in six weeks. One shelf, one drawer, a desktop, counter top or cupboard. I plan to do before and after shots for this round.