May 29, 2008 § Leave a comment
Woman in Rocking Chair – Thomas Pollock Anschutz
Finally my site traffic seems to be going back to normal.
About Comments: Please note I have closed all comments on the posts about the Adam Race/Carol Race story from last week and I do moderate comments on other postings. I will be posting updated information if and when I get it. I want to thank again all the very good and kind people who have contacted me about the situation. Also I ask that you all keep the Race family and their parish community in your prayers.
Stand-mixer Whole-wheat Bread Recipe:
- 1cup very warm water
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 1-2 tbsp sweeter (honey, sugar)
- 2 tbsp oil or shortening (butter, lard, olive oil)
- ~1 tbsp salt
- mix until blended and then let sit for 10-15 mins, switch to the bread hook.
- then mix in:
- 4 cups flour (I use 1cup bread flour, 1 cup whole wheat flour, and two cups whole-grain white)
- 1 cup warm water
- alternate the flour and water until the flour and water are all in then continue to add flour until the dough forms a single mass. The dough will still be sticky to the touch but shouldn’t be sticking to the bowl sides. Let your machine kneed the dough for about ten minutes then stop and let it rise for about 30 mins. (optionally: Knock the dough down and let it rise again for about 30 mins.) Place the dough in loaf pans and let rise 20-30 mins and then bake at about 375 for about 20 minutes.
40 Trash bag challenge:
I am on week 8. I will be moving the challenge to the side bar so you can still keep up with it. It has been a lot of fun especially as the children have gotten involved.
One Space a day Challenge:
I have had so much fun with my bags that I am starting an organizing challenge for myself. The goal will be to de-clutter and organize one small area a day for thirty days in six weeks. One shelf, one drawer, a desktop, counter top or cupboard. I plan to do before and after shots for this round.
May 22, 2008 § Leave a comment
If you are wondering about your recent unpublished comment or unanswered email: I deleted it. No, I am not sorry, I am just unfair that way. A long time ago I really loved online debating. But at this point in my life I have no desire to read, much less respond to some total stranger’s comments about my logic, mental state, life, children or opinions. It isn’t that I don’t think you are worthy of the exchange and I am sure there are others who will gladly play that game with you, but it isn’t me. I thought about it, but in the end I just don’t want to spend my time that way.
The images I use on this site: They are either in the public domain, my own pictures, or they are purchased through a stock photography site. If you want some wonderful pictures for your own site you might want to check out Wikimedia Commons.
My daughter Rachel: She does attend mass and she does receive Holy Communion, she lives in a residential group home and comes home on the weekends about every other week. We have never had any serious problem with Rachel in mass. We have never had any problem from any parishioner or any priest about having Rachel in mass. We have benefited greatly from the services of the Archdiocese Office for People with Disabilities.
For my real life friends: I love your prayers. I will never look at what I write here quite the same way again and this morning I feel incredibly blessed. My little frustration has been completely resolved.